EMPLOYER ID: BP3
COMPANY URL: http://www.bp.com/refiningcareers
COMPANY NAME: BP
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP's downstream operations refine, transport, sell and trade crude oil and petroleum products. In North America, we are the second-largest refiner and the second-largest fuels marketer. BP has large, modern refineries in Texas City, TX; Carson, CA; Cherry Point, WA; Whiting IN; and Toledo, OH. These five refineries, with total capacity for processing 1.5 million barrels of crude oil every day, are part of a worldwide network of 19 BP refineries. BP's refineries produce a wide range of fuels, petrochemicals and lubricants for America's highway and rail transportation; industry; home, commercial and institutional heating; power generation, and airlines.
If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
BP is an equal opportunity
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
The Process Control
Engineer improves the Refinery profitability through
control development, support, and maintenance by safely
delivering the highest possible value from process unit
operation within equipment constraints. The Process
Control Engineer contributes the technical expertise
required to create, maintain, and enhance regulatory
controls, advanced controls, and DCS systems. The DCS
systems include infrastructure, database applications,
and the off-line operator training simulator.
- Bachelor of Science in
* Must have strong working knowledge of Honeywell TDC3000 (CL, point configuration and database, schematic building, HPM operation, etc).
* Must have Specialist control skills and an understanding of process dynamics, control engineering principles, and practical operating knowledge.
* Must have effective communication skills with all levels in the Refinery and have the ability to communicate technical information both oral and written.
* Must have effective interaction with the Process Control Team and with interdisciplinary Refinery teams.
* Must be able to function comfortably and effectively in the roles of individual contributor, team player, and project leader.
* Must have a bias towards action, a commitment to performance delivery, and an eye for accuracy and detail.This location requires all employees access to secure areas regulated by the Maritime Transportation Security Act. To be able to complete the assigned duties of this job, the selected candidate will be required to present a TWIC card (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) on the first day of employment.
More information can be found on the TSA website: https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/.
APPLY TO EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY TO URL: http://www.bp.com/Careers
Post your Resume/Profile on www.NicheBoard.com
Refer to http://www.NicheJobs.com when applying for this job
Copyright 1998-2008 Sastha.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved.