EMPLOYER ID: COX
COMPANY URL: http://www.cox.com/CoxCareer/
COMPANY NAME: Cox Communications
As the third largest cable provider in the nation, Cox
Communications, Inc. is noted for its high-capacity,
reliable broadband delivery network as well as the
company's ability to provide superior customer service.
For Cox, it's not about being the biggest; it's about
being the best.
COUNTRY CODE: US
POSTAL CODE: 30319
ADDRESS: 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, NE
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
JOB TITLE: NOC Training Engineer
JOB CATEGORY: Administrative Support
FUNCTION CODE: TRG
INDUSTRY CODE: OTH
JOB STATUS: Full Time
POSTAL CODE: 30342
SALARY LEVEL: Salary commensurate with experience
SUMMARY OF POSTITION:
This individual must have high level, big picture
understanding of CCI products and technical concepts in
order to develop and deliver training to the Network
Operations Specialist and Engineers within the NOC.
The individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and conduct
training and staff development programs for the NOC
organization through hands-on training development and
joint partnerships. Will also conduct needs analysis
studies and confer with managers and supervisors to
determine training needs for NOC Specialist and
Engineers. Will analyze the scope of each training
project ensuring the most effective and efficient method
is achieved. Develop customized training plans to
overcome skill deficiencies and achieve desired
performance and quality assurance levels.
1. Partner with Engineering Design and Ops Integration to
understand new designs and develop necessary training
needed for the NOC.
2. Evaluate, design and develop necessary NOC training
3. Host and conduct troubleshooting tutorials with NOC
staff following outages.
4. Develop Knowledge Base for NOC.
5. Develop and sustain a training track for NOC
6. Develop grading/level system for NOC personnel.
7. Develop outage reenactments for specific focus
8. Formulates training policies, programs, and schedules,
based on identified training needs, company production
processes, business systems, and/or changes in products,
procedures or services.
9. Lead selection and development of appropriate
instructional procedures or methods such as individual
training, group instruction, self study, lectures,
demonstrations, simulation exercises, role and
10. Oversee new hire orientation content and materials.
11. Conduct instructional learning sessions such as, but
not limited to, individual training, group instruction,
lectures, demonstrations, and simulation exercises.
12. Work with all areas of Network Operations to identify
common training needs across key job functionalities and
requirements from new and/or revised
13. Train identified SMEs and supervisory personnel in
effective techniques for training, such as new employee
orientation, on-the-job training, career development, and
adaptations to changes in policies, procedures and
14. Evaluate training effectiveness by observing the
performance of specialist and engineers and soliciting
both formal and informal feedback from the individuals
15. Interface with target audience and SMEs to develop
effective training curriculum for the NOC driving
continuous improvement through ?Best in Learning?
16. Accountability for all aspects of training projects,
including planning, forecasting, scope and requirements,
design/development, logistics, and evaluation.
17. Coordinate development of innovative programs for
training and support materials (via Stellent Document
Repository, user guides, job aids, computer based and
self paced training, etc.). Additionally, responsible for
ensuring timely updates to all NOC related training
documents and materials.
18. Assist the NOC Managers with training needs
assessments of NOC Specialist and Engineers for coaching
and development opportunities.
19. Compile data from past and current year training
requirements for budget forecasts and to justify future
20. Create and develop partnerships with internal
business partners. Establish and maintain relationships
with peer corporate/system training organizations as well
as third-party learning content providers.
1. Typically requires BS/BA in Electrical Engineering,
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related
discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in related
field. MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in
related field. Certification required in some areas
2. 5-8 years of experience in a related field.
3. 2+ years experience in a training environment.
4. Instructional design is a plus for this position.
5. Must have technical knowledge of: IPv4, IPv6, MPLS,
DWDM, Ethernet, SIP, SS7, DHCP, DNS, DOCSIS, CDMA/GSM/LTE
6. Must have an excellent understanding of standards and
specifications related to digital switching, data
networking, transmission systems, CATV systems, VoIP
protocols including the following: VoIP, SIP, Ethernet,
TCP/IP and wireless
7. Must have strong written and verbal skills and be able
to write effectively for all audiences, update and
maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP?s). Must have
proficiency and knowledge of software applications and
personal computer operations.
8. Must be assertive, high-energy, independent, results
oriented; possess a strong sense of urgency, and
dedication to quality customer support.
9. Must have the ability to motivate others.
10. Proven ability to handle multiple projects and
deadlines. Ability to communicate and influence
effectively at all levels of the organization.
11. Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical
abilities, initiative and organizational skills.
12. Demonstrated ability to facilitate learning in and
out of classroom.
APPLY TO EMAIL: R5546236809149@posttrak.arbita.net
APPLY TO URL: http://posttrak.arbita.net/cgi-bin/PostTrak.cgi?RefCode=R5546236809149