Purpose: The purpose
of this job description is to reflect consistency of
positions throughout the corporation;
Position Summary: Support the manufacturing groups through machine design and process improvement activities relating to electrical components and processes.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
· Familiarity with AutoCad (2-D) and Microsoft Office Software.
· At least 1 year previous experience with industrial machine control systems including PLC/HMI programming, motion control, safety devices, and sensing technologies.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
· Design and implement PLC/Operator interface programs using GE-Fanuc and Allen-Bradley software, or other company specific software as needed.
· Support and communicate with maintenance and manufacturing teams during process launches, and startups (involves troubleshooting skills) to solve electrical problems.
· Evaluate existing machinery controls and implement process improvements enhancing safety, quality, efficiency, reliability, and throughput.
· Ensure new machine or process designs are compliant with current specifications detailed in the Shape Corp Tool Quote and Build Manuals, as well as with NEC, OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, IEC, RIA, NEMA codes.
· Effectively communicate engineering requirements to both internal customers and outside vendors.
· Be proficient in robotic controls and programming, specifically Fanuc robotic systems. Aid in applying basic welding knowledge to achieve weld quality and efficiency.
· Design and integrate controls ranging from complete systems to simple process improvements. Specify the parts and wiring methods for electrical projects or installations. Design electrical schematics including 480V - 3 Phase distributions, safety systems, communication wiring and low voltage signal diagrams using CAD software.
· Apply knowledge of automation devices such as: variable speed drives, sensors, servos, interfaces, I/O actuators, vision inspection etc. to machine controls and processes.
· Update electrical schematics and process revisions to machine control systems.
· Implement data collection systems for accurate machine status reporting.
Position in Arlington, TX
Send resumes to email@example.com
Refer to http://www.NicheJobs.com when applying for this job
Copyright Sastha.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved.