EMPLOYER ID: BP5
COMPANY NAME: BP
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
At BP Alternative Energy we're investing in new ways of providing energy - from innovative new solar and wind businesses to advanced biofuels and clean energy technologies such as the capture and storage of carbon dioxide from traditional fossil fuels. These will provide customers with clean, secure energy - and they will shape the evolution of the global energy industry in the coming decades.
In Biofuels, our business in conventional products such as bio-ethanol is already substantial, accounting for about 10% of the world market. However, as well as providing today's biofuels, we're also developing tomorrow's. We are investing $500 million over 10 years in the Energy Biosciences Institute to explore options for advanced biofuels and other applications of biotechnology to energy.
If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
BP is an equal opportunity
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Leader with a strong management background to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be able to implement technology strategy and programs through a skilled team of bio-scientists, chemists and engineers. The candidate will have a track record in program delivery, being performance oriented and will be experienced in developing the capability and potential of technologists. The post not only has technology programmes to deliver, but plays a significant role in developing our next group of project leaders and subject matter experts.
Reports to: Manager- Head of Research BP Biofuels
This position will manage
a department of multi-functional teams.
- Preferably in a biological science discipline
- Minimum of 5 years previous supervisory experience including leading multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in leading Research Teams in an industrial context.
- Commercial or manufacturing experience would be an advantage.
- Highly advanced knowledge of own technical or professional discipline and thorough understanding of the operation and structures of other disciplines and how they are integrated in an operational area.
- Ability to drive for continuous process improvement and to progress work at pace.
- Proven ability in oral and written communications at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work effectively in a multi-tasking and matrix environment.
- Strong organizational
skills, being able to handle multiple projects at once;
demonstrated ingenuity in dealing with complex problems.
Post your Resume/Profile on www.NicheBoard.com
Refer to http://www.NicheJobs.com when applying for this job
Copyright Sastha.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved.